Approaches to connect Canon Printer to WIFI and other devices Canon is one of the brands at the printer market. Fans love these printers, which are famous they have. The Canon printers come in wired and wireless formats. You can use them with your notebook, PC, Mac, and Chromebook. Especially the very first-time users find it extremely confusing to join their devices and the printers.
If you’re one of those souls that are confused, then do not worry. We’ve come up with numerous methods that can help you to connect your new Canon printer for your device and use it seamlessly.
How to connect Canon Printer to wifi?
In this section, we take a look at canon printer which uses a wireless connection to operate. You can make a connection between a wireless Canon printer and a wifi device or router. Therefore the first you need to build connectivity between canon printer & wifi via canon.com/ijsetup.
There are two prime methods to connect canon printer to wifi. The first one involves the use of the WPS option to connect the Pixma printer to your wifi immediately. By this, You will not require the password that is wifi to join. So it’s a best & faster way to make a connection between your wireless printer and a device through wifi or a shared link.
Make WPS Connection
Before starting with this method, First ensure that your wifi router has a WPS button on it. Similarly, the router must have a WPA/WPA2 security protocol.
- Tap on the power button of your canon printer.
- After That, Press and hold the wifi button, which is present on your Canon Printer. If you are using some other device version, then it will be located at the bottom.
- Now, Press and hold the button until the power LED flashes one time. The wifi LED will start blinking until your printer is connected to the wifi connection.
- Tap the WPS button on the router and keep in mind that you only have 2 min to press this button after the wifi LED light starts to flash on the printer. The power and the wifi LED light of the printer will keep glowing during the search process.
- After that, The printer and the router will make a connection at this point. After a successful connection, the power and the wifi light will stop flashing and continuously remain lit.
If you want to check the connectivity between your devices, then you can do so by the below steps :
- Power on you canon Printer.
- Now Load the Printer with A4 papers.
- After that, press and hold the “Resume/ Cancel” button, and continue pressing until the Power LED of the printer flashes for 15 times. Then, you can release the button.
- The above step will connect the Printer to the network settings of the Printer. On the settings ensure the following two things to confirm the connectivity between the Printer and the Wi-Fi router
- Connection – It should be Active
- SSID- It should show the name of your Wi-Fi network
Now, the general method that you can use to connect the Pixma printer to the WIFI network. If you need to set up your canon printer, then go to the below links.