How To Setup Canon Printer MX922
Canon Printer MX922 Network Setup Via WPS
- Ensure that your router is ready and adequately set up.
- Now, fit the power cable to your printer and the wall outlet.
- After that, press the on button which you will find on the front-left panel of the printer.
- Immediately, the blue light near the copy button will be lit and stable.
- To proceed, press the menu button, and the printer will show you the different options on the screen like Photo, WLAN setup, WeB service, etc.
- On the front-right display of the printer, you will see four-way arrow keys. Use the keys to select the WLAN setup option.
- Then, the printer will detect your WPS-enabled router.
- Now, go to your router and spot the WPS button. To confirm the WPS button, you can check your router manual.
- Then, press and hold the WPS button on your wireless router. By doing so, the light next to the WPS button will start blinking.
- Press the OK button on your Canon Printer MX922. The printer will attempt to connect with the network.
- When the screen displays the message “Connected to the access point”. Press OK.
Canon Printer MX922 Software Installation
- To reach Canon’s official website, the first step is to open a reliable web browser such as Opera, Safari, etc. Input usa.canon.com and you will arrive at the Canon Printers Setup homepage.
- You will easily find the search bar during the screen. All you need to do is start typing your printer model number, i.e. MX922. Promptly, it will show your model number in the list. Select the printer and click Go.
- On this page, you can read all the product information such as Manuals, your printer specifications, etc.
- Just below your product model name, click on the Drivers & Downloads tab. This will take you to the bottom of the page, where you will find two distinct sections of Recommended and Optional drivers.
- To download the driver, you must fill the Operating system and Language fields. Hence, make an appropriate choice.
- Under the Recommended Driver section, click “Select” and then click on the Download button.
- The exe or dmg file depending on your computer’s operating system will start downloading.
- To get started, open the downloaded Canon Printer MX922 setup file. On the welcome screen, click Next.
- You will be asked to select your Place of Residence. When selected, click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement, click Next and the drivers will not be installed.
- On the Connection Method screen, select the radio button of “Use the Canon printer with Wireless LAN connection” and click Next.
- The program will start communicating with the Canon Printer MX922. Once detected, confirm your printer model number and click Next.
- The software will now be installed, click Complete.
How to conduct the print test process from your computer?
- On windows, open the Control panel, go to Hardware and Sound and select “view devices and printers”. Whereas in Mac, select preferences from the Apple menu, then Print & Fax and select the Printing tab.
- Your printer will be displayed on the left-hand side with a green checkmark on it. Right-click on it and select printer properties.
- Pull out the paper tray of your printer, move the paper guides, and place a stack of paper neatly.
- Adjust the side paper guides, insert the paper tray back into the printer. Also, open the outer cover of the printer and extend the paper output tray.
- On the printer properties screen of your computer, click on the print test page button. The page will be printed. This ends the Canon Printer MX922 Setup.