Canon Pixma MX490 Setup and Installation
Canon Pixma MX490 Setup
Canon Pixma MX490 is a multifunction printer technology that helps to do daily tasks such as printing, scanning, and copying seamlessly. Its latest features, such as Google CloudPrint & AirPrint. Canon Pixma range, where the user can get comfortable, quick printing options. Can connect with Multiple devices, and so this will be a perfect option for high volume printing tasks. Here, you will find assistance to complete Canon Pixma MX490 setup process by easy to follow guidelines.
Canon Pixma MX490 Setup
- Additionally, this printer model comes up with a software application called ‘My Image Garden’, which lets the user utilize their favourite printing features like filters and HD movie print options
- With outstanding connectivity options, take instant print outs from various locations
- Also, the printer is available in a compact size, and thereby it is easily portable one too
What to do Before you can Begin the Setup for Your Canon MX490
- This printer has a power lamp which will be lit whenever you turn on the device
- To begin with, take the power cord from the package and using the power cord, connect the printer to the power outlet
- Turn on the printer. Make sure you connect it using the correct adapter
- To power up, push the power button in the top left corner control panel keypad
- Turn on the control panel display by pressing the copy button, which is available on the top left corner of four button panel
Quick Tip: The adapter accompanies all devices. Try using this and avoid using duplicates unless necessary.
The Actual Wireless Setup
- For setup, press the setup button in the bottom right corner of the four-button panel
- The navigation keys (right and left) will help you reach the correct menu option and OK button to confirm a selection
- The setup menu will first search for the wireless router source for wireless LAN connection
- Make sure you have turned on your router. If possible, place it closer to your printer so that there no hindrances during initial setup
- Now, Press the OK button, and the printer will scan for the available internet networks
- After that, press the arrow button to scroll the available systems, and select your order from the list
- Then press the OK button two times by choosing the web, and enter your Wi-Fi password credentials and connect to the internet network
Once you complete this wireless Canon Pixma MX490 setup, you can reach out to your printer for printing, copying or faxing wirelessly. But in case, you have issues with your wireless router and want to connect directly to your router, then move on to the next section on this article.
The Wired Setup
- Access the setup button on the device. It will be found on the display panel
- With the help of the navigation buttons, reach out to the Device settings
- And then, use the OK button. This will always confirm any selection that is made by you
- Next, go to LAN settings. And access the Change LAN option
- You can now make changes to the SSID by accessing the Access point mode
- Verify the information on the printer. You may also need the info at a later point in time during the setup
- Now, check the network key and begin the installation for the Canon printer
Learn more about Canon Pixma MX490 driver download and installation steps
Canon Pixma MX490 Driver Setup (Windows & iOS)
You can install the Canon Pixma MX490 driver either using the CD-ROM or download from the link.
- Install the driver in your computer and click the next button to start the setup.
- In the first place, a prompt will appear and select your model of connection (USB/Wireless LAN).
- Ensure your printer is turned on before making the connection and accept the terms and conditions in the next pop-up.
- Once the printer model is detected, select your printer name and click next to proceed with the Canon Pixma MX490 setup
- The installation progress will start, and all the packages will download. Wait for few minutes until the complete download
- Click the full button and move on to the setup step.
- The print head alignment screen will display and at this time, load the printer with a stack of paper.
- After getting a sample print out the page, click the complete button to end the setup process.
Restrictions that Ought to be Considered
Though the connection and setup of these machines are natural, they too have a few restrictions that must be taken into consideration.
- You can connect any number of devices to the same printer. However, use the same connection type for all devices.
- You can change to a different connection method. In which case, all current connections will be disabled.
- Some connectivity techniques will differ according to the router and its settings.
- Contact the router manufacturer to learn how to establish a relationship with it.
Unlike Canon Pixma MX490 setup limitations, we are sure that you can complete the setup process in no time. For on-call assistance for completing the network or direct connections with your Canon printer, visit our website Canon.com/ijsetup.